Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Not A Happy Camper

This has been one of those days. I wanted to exercise first thing in the morning but I couldn’t get my gear right. I planned on riding my bike, but that was going to take twenty minutes of bike maintenance just to get on the thing. I was dressed and ready to go when I realized my bike wasn’t. I should probably go take care of that now so it won’t be a problem in the next couple of days. I decided I would go for a run, even though I didn’t want to take the pounding on my legs. I changed into my running stuff, put on my heart monitor, got my head band to cover my ears situated to keep my earphones in my ears, and found out that my Garmin wasn’t charged. I made a specific point to charge my Shuffle last night but completely forgot about my watch. I decided to go to the Y since none of my stuff worked. I didn’t want to be there. It was cold today. I was going to be able to push it. Inside is boring, and my workout sucked because of it. I was also dreading an appointment that I set last week because I knew it was going to be cancelled. It was my dumb fault for scheduling the thing in the first place. I knew that if I went in to my office and started getting ready for the meeting; dude would call and cancel it. I waited until one o’clock in the afternoon to go in. I opened my office door, saw the message light blinking and knew. Hey LJ, sorry to cancel on you so late, but my wife and I have decided to spend an extra day in Valdosta. I’ll get back with you next week. The clock on my office phone read 1:18 p.m. He left me that message at 1:03. If I hadn’t played “outleapt” in Scrabble today using all seven of my letters and landing on a double word score, you’d be reading about me in the paper tomorrow. Hopefully, when Matt Lauer asked you if there were any signs that I might do something like this you’d be honest and tell him hell yeah and to look at my blog.

2 comments:

LJ said...

I was raging all day, but now that I've written about it I feel much better.

Writing is therapeutic

JSG said...

Ah. I knew there was a reason we keep doing it.