Sunday, December 13, 2009

Struggling To Finish Strong

I feel like I’m running the last mile of the River Run with this blogging every day for a year thing. I bragged about cruising effortlessly through the end of the year. I even mentioned doing something special for New Year’s Eve, but I’m struggling to get over the Hart Bridge. I have nothing I want to write about. I’m bored. The YMCA is closed and I’m too lazy to go run. I’m not interested in anything that’s going on in my life or in the world. We’re going to Disney soon and I’m apathetic. I waited half a year for Battlestar Galactica: The Plan to come out, and I was a little bit disappointed. It didn’t really answer anything. It was just a way to sell more DVD’s. I can’t get excited about Christmas because the weather won’t decide what it wants to be. I can deal with an 80 degree tropical Christmas. It would be like a Corona commercial. I can deal with a 30 degree freezing Christmas. It would be like a traditional Christmas. However, I’m not dealing well with the up and down, “on the other hand”, wild weather fluctuations. One day the high is 55. The next day the low is 78. I don’t even know how that’s possible. I guess in a specific instant sometime during the night, the air is flash heated 23 degrees. I made Swedish meatballs tonight and ate way too many of them. They’re much better when the weather is cold, but they’re still the greatest thing ever, even in the sauna like climate of North Florida today. I didn’t put any crack cocaine in the mix, but I’d swear the allspice transubstantiates in the frying pan. I’m not drinking beer. That’s the problem. I’m neglecting my health by not enjoying a doctor recommended 6-pack every day. On a positive note I’ve started a book that I’m enjoying. I’m going to have to make some time to really dive into it. Maybe I should belly up to the bar at European Street and drink beer while I read. It’s a thought.

1 comment:

MJ said...

I think what you need is people cheering you on, just like at a race. You need to know we're still here, still reading!
(Hey I'm not even writing, just thinking about writing, everyday. What a slacker.)
I hope a few folks will chime in on cheering you to the finish!