Friday, May 8, 2009

I Didn't Kill Anyone, So That's A Plus

It was a banner frackin’ day in my house today. I look forward to Fridays because I get to spend them with my baby girl. However, the universe conspired against me to ruin this Friday. It started out like any other Friday. I got MJ off to work and I got LMJ fed and dressed. I was falling into a comfortable schedule. I knew the car place was going to call and tell me the van was ready, but that wasn’t going to be until the afternoon. At about 10:30 CG called and told me the phones – land lines – weren’t working. She had called Bellsouth and they told her that yes there was a problem with her line but no there wasn’t a problem with mine. Yeah, we were just making it up so we could get a phone guy out here. Just a little bit of logic and thought is all I ask. What are the chances that both lines in duplex are down at the same time but they’re two completely different problems? Here’s a public service announcement: if you haven’t bundled your communications i.e. phone, mobile, interweb, then don’t. Bellsouth, and every other phone company for that matter, knows that people aren’t going to unspool everything just because their land lines are down, so it doesn't matter how bad their help desk is. This wasn’t a big deal, but it was the tip of a bad day iceberg. Then MJ called on my cell, which was plugged in charging so I couldn’t go after LMJ, who was trying to throw herself off a stool and onto the hardwood floor just to spite me, and told me I needed to clean the house because she had scheduled a paramedical exam for the afternoon. I overreacted and ruined her day – something about misery and company. Everything went fine from that point until I went to pick up the van. They handed me the keys. I walked out to the parking lot. I opened the door to a dirty van. A big part of the deal was that they DETAIL the thing. That was a sticking point for MJ. I let them know the van was dirty and they took it away to get cleaned. Why can’t anyone do what they’re supposed to do? Just do your goddamn job, please. They did an average car wash on it, which was fine, but we wanted this thing spic and span, and it’s what we were promised. I rushed home to be there for MJ’s bloodletting, and the chick that was supposed to be doing it was running late. MJ hadn’t eaten in twelve hours so everyone was grumpy. When the lady did show up she was completely unorganized. She bruised MJ’s arm and stabbed herself while trying to take blood. She was here a good forty-five minutes to an hour. I had an exam earlier this week in my office, and dude was in and out in twenty minutes. The YMCA, who were organized enough to take our money, canceled LMJ’s swim lesson tomorrow morning because they scheduled an “in service” meeting for all their employees at the same time as the lesson. None of this stuff was a big deal by itself, but all taken together in an eight hour block on a hot day is something completely different.

2 comments:

JSG said...

Your day sucked, but LMJ and MJ didn't have the best one either. Is MJ ok?

MJ said...

I'm fine. Watching this nurse rummage in her purse for an extra needle was almost worth its own post. If that sounds wrong, it was. So wrong. This was all for increased life insurance, JIC.