Sunday, November 18, 2007

Guest Blogger.

Should 8th Graders Should Be Allowed to Have Cell Phones at School: An FCAT Prompt


Don’t you think it’s important to be a prepared as you can possibly be in an emergency? I mean come on, not having something you need can cause major problems in an emergency. This is why I, Britney Susan Sunshine Garcia actress at Lavilla School of the Arts (LASOTA) in Jacksonville, Florida, think that 8th graders should be allowed to have cellular phones at school, in case they have to make an emergency call. Take for example my best friend Kaiytlyin Scimaone Stephens. She is an 8th grade dancer at LASOTA and one time she forgot her lunch and she has her dance class right after lunch and the dance teachers are really tough and make their students work really hard during class which really does make them better dancers but Kaiytlyin didn’t have any lunch so she was really exhausted during her dance class and she almost fainted twice but the teacher just made her keep working even though you could tell her blood sugar was really low and she could have died. Now if Kaiytlyin had been allowed to have a cell phone at school she could have called her mom – between classes of course because education is the most important thing - at work and her mom could have either gone home and made Kaiytlyin something and brought it to school or she could have stopped somewhere and gotten her something to eat. I mean that just really makes sense doesn’t it? And it’s not like we would even have to have it on unless we really needed it so it wouldn’t even ring during classes and if our parents needed to reach us we could check our voice mail between classes on the way to our lockers. It has truly been my pleasure to convince you that 8th graders should be allowed to have cellular phones at school.

Thank you,


Britney Susan Sunshine Garcia.

4 comments:

MJ said...

Your a little rusty on your grammer errors. I can tell I hvae not read enuff papers 2 u this year.

I always enjoy your fake 8th grade writing. I am usually the only one who gets to read this genre of your writing (in e-mails).

Incidentally, this has never been an actual prompt on the FCAT but I think it will be someday.

Cora Spondence said...

Having to read that post should be part of the training for any marathon. OMG! Couldn't catch my breath!

I haven't been so impressed over a man writing as a female since I read Memoirs of a Geisha. I so wanted to slap you. That's such good writing!

JSG said...

ok, u used way 2 much punctuation in that paper i mean like what was with all those periods and stuff?

EJG said...

But can you read it aloud in character? Practice. I would love to hear it at our next get together.