Monday, November 12, 2007

Running is Mentioned in this Post

I ran today for the first time in a while. Actually, I can’t remember the last time I ran. I’ve been doing my cardio on the elliptical. It’s a lot easier on my body, but it’s beyond boring. Tonight the whole clan loaded up and headed to the track down at the YMCA. MJ and CJ strolled with LMJ in her jogging stroller while I ran around in circles for three miles. I thought I was going to be in trouble because of my running lay off, and I still may. Check with me tomorrow afternoon. But I did my eighteen laps comfortably in about twenty six minutes, which isn’t too bad as a starting point. I’m gearing up for the River Run in March with a half marathon thrown in during February. The weight has been coming off, but the holidays are starting. We had Swedish meatballs tonight. I’m glad I did the run because while they may not be low in calories, they are still possibly the greatest thing in the history of the universe. If I weigh less than 225lbs. on January 2nd I’ll call that a success, even with MJ’s dairy issues. Or are they LMJ’s dairy issues? Speaking of dairy, the Swedish meatballs call for cream. When I’ve made them in the past I’ve always used heavy whipping cream, but this year we’re trying goat’s milk. MJ said it tasted like goats smell. I thought it tasted like milk, and since it didn’t gross me out I want to try other milks: horse milk, yak milk, tiger milk, etc. If it’s a mammal, I want to sample its milk. Rodents don’t count. How are you going to milk a rat anyway? I guess I just want to try milk from herd animals because some group of people from some part of the world drink it, so why shouldn’t I? I want to try the super-predators’ milks because it’s just hard fracking core, and I’m not right in the head. Just think about it, a tiger’s milk turns a one pound kitten into 350lbs. of mobile death sentence in under a year. How could anyone not want some of that?

3 comments:

EJG said...

JSG wanted me to comment that your reason for wanting tiger milk is perhaps the same reason why some people try ground elephant's testicles.

Cora Spondence said...

Makes you wonder if any mammals from the animal world have issues letting go of the teet. I'm just wondering.

MJ said...

The goat's milk was an experiment. For cooking, it worked great. The best part LMJ did not wake up crying with a stomach ache. She was awake and giggly from 3:03 AM until 3:53 am.

I like your post, BTW. Very random abstract.