Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Suspension of Disbelief

I had some gastrointestinal distress this evening, so I spent an inordinate amount of time in my sanctum sanctorum. I’ve finished my run through the Harry Potters, and I’m in a book decompression stage so I relied on my video iPod. I’m going through the Battlestar Galacticas. Strangely, the iPod’s tiny screen gives the show an extra boost of realism. Anyway, I’m thinking about all the female skin jobs (if you don’t know what a skin job is then I suggest the procurement of a clue, newb) and I wonder if this is really how the Cylons see human women. The smallest of the human style Cylons is Sharon Valeri aka Boomer aka Athena who comes in at a petite 5’9”. All of the females that we know about are stop traffic gorgeous. Are the Cylon android architects a couple of frat boys? I thought the idea was for them to blend into humanity, and not to be noticed. The only place these women wouldn’t stand out is in that George Michael video with all the supermodels. I can understand having one version look like that; the one that needs to persuade Baltar to give up the defense net codes, but a pilot and a television reporter looking like Grace Park and Xena would get noticed, especially if there was more than one copy of each. We're not going to get into the fact that they're all nymphos. At least we're not going to get into it today. I remember every single hot chick I ever met more than once. You show me her picture, and I’ll tell you her name and where I met her. I want to know where the Kathy Bates Cylon is. “Now you listen to your momma Bobby Boucher; humanity is da debbil!”

2 comments:

Cora Spondence said...

Dude, good point on that observation of the Cylonhotties that is just damn good casting. Maybe it's because they know these broads have to get the job done and when you want to take over the universe, little by little, the hot broad is your go to gal. Men cannot think straight around a hot broad. If we were smart, we'd let Hef run the country. He'd send his gals to the Middle East and everything would be settled over a long weekend.

JSG said...

Nah, Cora. In the Middle East they're looking for seven virgins. Hef's got nothing in the inventory.