Saturday, November 10, 2007

Saturday

I don't have anything to write about so I'll just kind of chronicle what happened today. I woke up to LMJ talking to herself -- very loudly. She comes by it honestly. My side of the family is loud. When we get together for holidays there is a din. She wasn't unhappy; she just had some things she needed to say. I love waking up like that. The fact that it was Saturday and 7:30 instead of 5:00 was gravy. I had to go into work today to print some stuff I need for tomorrow, which sucked. I hate working on the weekends, but LMJ needs stuff so I go into work on the weekends sometimes. The printer worked fine today, but the Modis building people were doing painting prep work again. It seems like they paint the walls once a month. After work we, meaning MJ, LMJ, and ya boy, went to LASOTA's newest production Pulp Fiction: the Musical. The profanity didn't bother me, that's the way kids talk anyway, but the violence and drug use I thought were a bit much for a middle school play, especially the ball gags and butt rape. It got a little awkward in the theater. I'm just kidding. They did The Fabulous Fable Factory. It was nice but it wasn't as edgy as Pulp Fiction: the Musical would have been. We dropped LMJ off with Grammy, and MJ and I went to Publix to get the fixin's for tempura. We got a bunch of veggies, some shrimp, and some chicken. We always have a little trouble with the chicken because it has to cook so long that the batter isn't right, and we have to get chicken because I don't like shrimp very much. We overcame the chicken problem tonight. MJ had the brilliant idea to try to make General Cho's chicken like we get at P.F. Chang's. We made the chicken tempura like we always do then we sauteed it with some spicy sauce and veggies and served it over rice. We frackin' nailed it on the first try. The only adjustments we'll make in the future are pre-cooking the chicken so we don't have to fry it as long and the batter will be right, and possibly cutting the chicken into smaller pieces. Other than that we nailed it. The night is ending just like it began with LMJ happy as can be in a brand new set of PJ's. Factoring in the Christmas atmosphere we're forcing, I'm going to give today a solid six and a half. It would have gotten a higher score but Florida State is Florida State and they drive me up a wall.

4 comments:

Cora Spondence said...

Don't ya love it when a recipe comes together?? It's the happy co-mingling of chemistry and poultry, a tricky balance to get right.
And sadly you are Charlie Brown to FSU's Lucy Van Pelt and you are taking that flying swinging kick to the ball and she.....snatches it away again!!!

MJ said...

It reminds me of when Beth asked about our perfect day. it was pretty close except the house is a mess--and smels like tempura. Thanks for the good cooking. :)

JSG said...

I was going to suggest pre-cooking the chix. Aren't little winter jammies the best thing ever? I hope that MJ will have a post of LMJ in feety PJs as the temperature dips.

Anonymous said...

Who needs cable when I have my own cooking show upstairs!! The comedy isn't bad either!