Friday, November 16, 2007

LJ’s Four

LMJ and I had an unusually busy day. It was free family portrait for employees day at Lavilla School of the Arts, and MJ thought we should take advantage. So I got my baby girl dressed. I put on a tie, which is a monstrous fracking deal. One of the big reasons I do what I do for a living is that I get to decide whether or not I want to wear a tie. I hate ties. I look good in ties but I hate them – little conformity nooses. I put on a jacket (see previous blood pressure spike) and we went to LASOTA to have our first family portrait done. LMJ is a professional. She cranked up the cuteness to levels unheard of, and smiled when she was supposed to smile. A memo to the male companions of the women that came in contact with LMJ today: You’re welcome. She’s the reason you’re wife/girlfriend/chick you met in a bar and gave a fake name is in the mood for love, and I’m the one who bit the bullet and dragged her downtown. One funny thing is that LMJ looks a lot like her mama in the pictures. Usually people say she looks just like me. After we were done with the pictures LMJ and I stopped by CG’s work. CG works at the Sally Corporation and they build robots and amusement park attractions. While CG enjoyed seeing her granddaughter in the middle of the day, I enjoyed the robots and shooting gallery. LMJ was sleepy and hungry so didn’t enjoy the tour as much as I did. Our last adventure for the day was playing cat burglar. CG locked herself out of her house due to the state of paranoia she and MJ had worked themselves into last night. We were out of ideas and about to break a pane of glass when MJ remembered a window that might be open, so I got a ladder and did my master thief thing. I imagined Ocean’s Eleven but it was much more My Name is Earl. To my credit though there were a lot of glass objects on the counter underneath the window, and I didn’t break a single one. I figure if I was a burglar I’d only get shot in the face six out of ten times.

4 comments:

MJ said...

I'm still mad I don't have a picture of your legs hanging out of my mom's window to accompany this post. Plaid pajama pants and some old Nikes. Classic. It would have been better with black socks and sandals.

Cora Spondence said...

"Little conformity nooses", yeah, I loved that one.
And know that it's not possible for your child NOT to take an adorable photo.
Great snapshot of the day.

EJG said...

Family picture day!? My school offers us the opportunity to take a picture for a security badge. Whooppeeee!

JSG said...

I think that you should've kept on the suit and tie for the break-in. It would have been interesting for the neighbors to watch that one go down.