Sunday, January 11, 2009

I Didn't Even Have to Use My AK

I sat around and did nothing today. I watched both NFL playoff games, and I’m very happy. There is nothing about college football that can compare to “this league”. Actually, I did some laundry today. Which should have been balanced out by drinking a whole bunch of beer, but I’m trying to lose weight. I love the NFL. It’s unmitigated brutality. It’s grown men taking years off each other’s lives. Thanks to the Jaguars poor impersonation of a real professional football team this year, I’m not overly invested in any of the games emotionally so I’m enjoying them a lot more. I’m watching with an unbiased eye and appreciating the technical precision. Both games today were played in cold weather, the Giants and Eagles in New York and the Steelers and Chargers in Pittsburgh. It was windy like it always is in the Meadowlands in January, and it was snowing in Pittsburgh. Football played in the snow is the coolest thing in sports. It’s also cool that all four teams have defenses that like to hit and hurt people. I had burgers for lunch and burritos for dinner. I wore khaki shorts, white tube socks, and loafers while I grilled meat. I got some charred meat on my khaki shorts and went to a backup pair. A prepared griller is a good griller. The only thing I tried to do today that didn’t work out is take a nap. I was trying to fall asleep on the couch but LMJ wasn’t having any of it. Mommy said, “I think Daddy’s trying to take a nap,” and my sweet, precious, beautiful baby girl ran into the living room, grabbed me by the head, and moved me out of the way so she could sit on the couch. Even the LAPD would have thought that was a little bit rough. It was a good day, and now I’m rested and ready for the week

4 comments:

MJ said...

I really enjoyed this random little post. I wish I could say I relaxed as much as you though. As you know, I've been grading ALL DAY--with minor breaks to interact with our child.

MJ said...

At least I was able to successfully thwart your nap with the help of LMJ!

Christina said...

So LMJ is truly GANGSTA!

JSG said...

The little one played defense on Daddy as you entered your red zone it seems...