Friday, June 19, 2009

Kind of a Short Post

This is just some notes from today. It was hot. I took yesterday off, so I was full of energy at the gym, even though I didn’t know it. The Y was crowded for some reason, which didn’t make me real happy. I had to flip my routine upside down. It was no big deal but whenever I can’t do exactly what I want I start thinking about how much it costs to be a member. I blasted my chest and biceps Dorian Yates style and then did an hour on the elliptical. I cruised through both portions of my workout, which surprised me because I felt fatigued and like I was fighting off a cold this morning. This has been a very good week. I got in four full sessions and lost six pounds so far – the six pounds I lost training for the River Run that I immediately put back celebrating.

The family went to Starbucks for an afternoon outing. It was ice water for the baby girl and iced raspberry Americanos for the adults. After enjoying some coffee we all crossed the parking lot to Publix to pick up dinner. This is where I discovered some truly awful smells, true stenches. The smokers at Starbucks were sweating because it’s a trillion degrees outside, which produced the wonderful aroma of body odor tinged with cigarette smoke. Seriously, it smelled like a Trailways station. However, lucky for me, that wasn’t the most wretched thing I smelled on this trip. Publix was changing out its industrial trash when we walked up. The smell took years off my life. They should schedule these things for when the store is closed or at least after the sun has gone down so it’s not so hot and humid. Between the two smells I now know what it must be like at Hobopalooza. The best part is when I think about actual stink particles going up my nose and stimulating the olfactory nerves and those same particles drifting into my mouth when I left it open.

1 comment:

MJ said...

I'm glad you had a good workout. I bet it was the new water bottle I got you for father's day...