Tuesday, June 23, 2009

You Have No Idea How Hard My Life Is

I skipped any kind of serious exercise today, even though my back is feeling okay, and running last night made it feel better. I didn’t run last night to be spiteful. I was walking and it started to storm. It really felt good to get my heart rate up – way up – after being depressed and wallowing in self pity for most of yesterday. I got some work done this morning and took my favorite baby girl to Publix this afternoon – at her demand request. She needed some cookies. She asked for some cookies. We told her we were out. She said, “grocery store”. We went to the big Publix because there was a better chance of them having the cookies she and her mother prefer. Our Publix is small, and while they do a great job, sometimes they’re out of stuff. I don’t know if LMJ does this with anyone else, but with me when we get to Publix – any Publix – she points to the store sign and asks, “Says?” I turn the question around and ask her what it says and she says “Publix” or at least a close approximation. I think it’s the first word that she can read. Her mother says the first word she could read was her name. Either way, between the cookie problem solving and the reading, I had an afternoon of “My baby is the smartest baby in the world”. We came home from the grocery store and I fired up the grill so I could char some steaks. I knew I was grilling, Beck’s beer was on sale, so we know how that story ends. Sitting in my backyard grilling meat and drinking beer on a hot summer day is pretty close to bliss for me. I overcooked the steaks a little bit, but CJG picked some world class ribeyes so it didn’t really matter. I seasoned them with salt and pepper – just that simple – and we all raised our cholesterol levels a little bit. Today was an absolutely fantastic day.

2 comments:

MJ said...

I'm so glad you had a good day. I like it when you're happy.

tainij said...

It looks like yesterday was a good day for all the Jacksons in J'ville. By the way, the first word you could read was EXIT, followed rapidly my department store names.