Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Oh Shit!!!

I got home early today and was able to give CG a little bit of a break. When I left this morning she was being berated by LMJ.

LMJ: GO! ZOO!

CG: It’s not open yet. We have to wait until it opens.

LMJ: Yeah, GO! ZOO!

CG: Sweetie, it’s not op…

LMJ: GO! ZOO! GO! ZOO! GO! ZOO! (This was an order not a cheer)

After they got back from the zoo LMJ took a nap that was interrupted by some gastrointestinal distress. When I got home CG let me know LMJ was a little bit short on sleep, so I was prepared for her to be a little bit cranky. CG went home for a more than earned rest. LMJ and I played and read and watched a little Mickey Mouse and were having a grand old time when she started shrieking like she’d been shot. I got scared because I had no idea what it was. Did she get shot by a baby sniper – a sniper who shoots babies and not a toddler assassin? Did her appendix burst? What could it be? Then she started screaming, “Diaper change.” Great! this I can handle and I cleaned her up. She started doing the same thing about forty-five minutes later. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I asked her if she had to go poop, and she, of course, lied and said no. We were on the way to the potty when she started shrieking about “Change diaper” again. Well, I had wrapped up the first – for me, second overall - poop filled diaper in a plastic bag and put it in the kitchen trash, which I wrapped up and was getting ready to take outside when she started up. Unfortunately, I didn’t have a plastic bag ready for this, hopefully, final poop filled diaper before I started changing her. As I was getting a new plastic bag LMJ pulled the poop filled diaper out from under her and flung poop onto her chest. Uh-oh! She felt something on her chest and tentatively touched it, figured out what it was, completely freaked out. I was a little bit angry because she couldn’t just sit still for two seconds while I got a plastic bag, but I was mostly amused because she reacted exactly how anybody else would react if they had found a big turd sitting on their chest. All of this happened within the span of a heartbeat, and I cleaned her up as I explained to her that everything would be alright but that she needed to sit still sometimes and listen to her daddy. Lots of learning and lots of hugs, it was an after school special

1 comment:

Beth said...

LOL LJ! Seth gets shit everywhere when I change his diaper. He twists and kicks and flips over. It's a very physical endeavor for both of. He hasn't managed to get ahold of a poopy diaper yet, but if he did, I don't think it would bother him to find poop on his chest. The TRUE joys of parenthood, right? :-)