Monday, July 20, 2009

A Friend of LJ.

I’ve been drinking a lot of coffee recently. It’s not that I’ve been trying to stay awake. It’s that I like coffee. I hadn’t realized how much I’d been drinking until late this morning when my skull exploded. I was in a hurry this morning and skipped my fix two cups. I didn’t know what the hell the problem was until about noon. MJ also had a headache – at least that’s what she told me – and the barometer is low, so I chalked my headache up to the weather. I was about to get a bite to eat when everything fell into place. I was deciding between a caffeine free Sprite or a loaded with caffeine Dr. Pepper. That’s when I remembered I had rushed out of the house without having coffee. I skipped both those candy ass beverages and upgraded to forty ounces of Diet Mountain Dew – the breakfast of champions. They should start selling straight adrenaline over the counter. I’m seeing vapor trails right now and I can move things with my mind, but at least the bass drum throbbing in the back of my head and neck is starting to subside. I’m in that post headache afterglow where it’s not completely gone but it’s diminished to the point that, even though I’m not 100%, the memory of the previous pain makes me glad that it’s gone. Unfortunately, this means I have to adjust my caffeine intake. I’m going to have to cut down to one cup of half caff in the morning and then decaf for the rest of the day. I hate being controlled by anything, especially a drug. On the plus side we may be able to get our Starbucks monthly bill down under a thousand dollars. I have no idea how we spend so much money there, but we do. Maybe I should start Caffeine-a-holics Anonymous. Instead of serving coffee like the rest of the twelve steppers do, I’ll serve beer. Yeah, I think I’m on to something.

3 comments:

JSG said...

There are worse addictions. Besides, tomorrow is free pastry day @ Starbucks!

MJ said...

I didn't realize you were drinking so much. I have the one cup of 1/2 caff and that's usually it.

My head was still hurting all day. I think yours was weather and withdrawal. Double whammy.

LJ said...

JSG, you're an enabler.