Sunday, July 5, 2009

No Hormones or Antibiotics in This Post

We didn’t plan anything today, so we sat around frustrated. It’s different when we plan nothing – then that’s the plan. When we don’t plan at all everything becomes, “So what do you want to do?” I hate days like this. For some reason we decided not to go to the beach. It may have been that we’re spending $50 a week on gas in the van alone, but I don’t think that was all of it. We were drunk on pasta last night, but that doesn’t leave a hangover. We just weren’t motivated. We didn’t have any get up and go. The highlight of the day was going to the church park down the street with LMJ, but it was 95 degrees and MJ got bitten by some kind of ninja ant. I thought about running this morning to burn off some of the 8,500 calories I consumed, but I didn’t because we were thinking about going to JSG’s and EJG’s for time in the pool and we hadn’t ruled out the beach yet. The next thing I knew it was noon and the day was shot. I couldn’t even get into the most exciting Wimbledon men’s final ever. I was so bored I cleaned the kitchen, set up the coffee for tomorrow, ironed a shirt for work, and all of this was done before 2pm. Fortunately, MJ saved the day by cooking a delicious chicken dinner with some kind of Uncle Ben’s rice concoction. Springer Mountain Farms chicken is worth the price. I don’t know what they do, but it’s the only chicken we’ve ever bought in the grocery store that tastes like the chicken you get in fine restaurants, plus they’re a family farm in northeast Georgia and it’s fun to say Springer Mountain Farms like we grew up there. The best part of the dinner was that the whole thing was a complete surprise. I was moping around wishing tomorrow would get here, completely ready to skip dinner, when MJ basically put a plate of food in front of me. I guess days like this are necessary every once in a while so we can appreciate the beach days.

2 comments:

JSG said...

So sad that your day was over by Noon! You know that the JSG/EJG swim resort was open in the PM too! Wait, though. Soon you'll have a teenager who will NEED to KNOW THE PLANS by 7:15 A.M.

MJ said...

We do truly regret not going to the JSG/ EJG pool...perhaps tomorrow. We'll plan it by 7:15 AM.

LJ, I'm glad you like dinner--even the lettuce wedge and steamed broccoli. I ordered (well, cooked)for you and you liked it!