Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Hip Pop, Stink, The 4th, and We're You're Back Yard Friends

I guess I’m in a random thought mood this week. I just have blurbs tonight. We just got back from Publix and we heard the Black Eyed Peas song Boom Boom Pow. There’s a part in the song where the token white chick with the hot body who’s only there to help sell records and really adds nothing artistically Fergie shrieks sings the line “Will I Am drop the beat now!” I changed it to “William Wallace drop the beat now!” and sing it in a Scottish brogue. It works because she stretches “Am” into two syllables like Ayyum. Or is that a diphthong?

I spent most of the afternoon trying to figure out if my washing machine had stopped working or if I had some kind of disease because I stink. It’s not either of those things. It’s the old fashioned, European, “I didn’t bathe today” that’s causing the putridity. I was in a hurry this morning, and I planned on coming home early and going running. Unfortunately, none of that happened. It’s actually a relief. I’m not out a thousand dollars – or whatever washer dryer combos cost – and I’m not dying of some tropical flesh eating disease. I just need to hop in the shower. Yay me!

The bad economy is hitting everyone in new and exciting ways. In commemoration of the founding fathers’ version of Austin 3:16, aka Independence Long Weekend, the Modis building is cutting of the air conditioning at 2:30 tomorrow – Thursday. It will not be on Friday at all. In other words, don’t come in to work. It’s Independence Long Weekend and we live in Florida. Go blow something up. I’m the most casual worker I know, you know not a workaholic, but shutting down on Thursday afternoon for a holiday that’s two days later is a bit much.

I looooovvvve the Backyardigans. It’s the most fun on television since the Sid and Marty Krofft stuff. It makes me want to go play in the backyard. I let LMJ watch too much of it this evening, but I really don’t care.

1 comment:

MJ said...

Thank Beth for the Backyardigans! I like them too.

The best part of Boom Boom Pow in the car tonight was when LMJ said "Let the beat drop." I thought you'd mention it. Her voice isn't really deep enough for the part.