Thursday, July 9, 2009

I'm Frickin' Senile

Wallet, keys, iPod, iPod case, earphones, water, and membership card are the accoutrements I need to go to the gym on a basic weekday morning. That’s not counting the breakfast, coffee, more water, and nutritional supplements I have to take care of just to be prepared to walk out the door. I’m not a morning person at all, so this gets f-d up nine out of ten mornings unless I prepare the preceding night before I get too tired or LMJ goes to sleep. This morning wasn’t basic. We don’t have any water because there are plumbers who are treating our bathroom like it was 1973 and they're in Led Zeppelin, and we’ve moved all of our valuables into the sun room. It’s a miracle I didn’t die trying to get out of the house. I couldn’t find my iPod case, so I didn’t even bother looking for some earphones. I decided I would shower at the Y after my workout so I had to bring a change of clothes, some shower shoes, and some soap with me. I got all the way to the gym before I realized I had forgotten the shirt I was going to wear to work. So I got to drive all the way back home to get it. I also forgot to eat breakfast. I struggled through my workout, but I did remember my weight belt so there were no injuries. I showered, got dressed, and headed right back home because I forgot my computer. I hate being disorganized, but the alternative is spending my entire life planning for tomorrow. I hate that nothing ever goes smoothly. The plumbers were supposed to be done yesterday, but the weather made that impossible. It’s not their fault and I’m not blaming them. They can’t control the weather, but it threw my schedule off into something uncomfortable so now I’m struggling to catch up and the day is almost gone. I’m not physically able to be a workaholic. I don’t care enough to be anal retentive. Maybe this has just been a rough week, and I’ll stop wanting to smash my fist through walls because I can’t remember my clothes when the bathroom is done and things are back to normal.

2 comments:

MJ said...

Your day is wasted? My week is wasted. I haven't showered since Tuesday and I don't even think I remember how to get to the beach. Good thing the van has GPS. Maybe I'll make it back there tomorrow.
Anyway, let's be grateful for the roof over our heads.
Your post had my mom and me laughing out loud. Maybe because we're here to witness the spectacle known as you getting out the door.

tainij said...

Being without water can wreck the best laid plans of mice and men. Being a little anal retentive, however, does make life easier and more predictable.