Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Not Bad for a Hump Day

I had a pretty good day. I got an hour of continuing education, which included a free lunch at Maggianos. The Lincoln wholesaler went family style with some kind of mushrooms and penne along with lasagna. There was salad but no app. I got my grub on, but didn’t pig out, staying true to my diet, which was a bit of a miracle, especially when the desserts arrived. He chose some kind of ice cream thing that I skipped – lactose intolerance – and some kind of chocolate cake with chocolate frosting that I didn't skip. And best of all, I got home just as the plumbers/workmen were finishing with their heavy lifting. I never thought I’d be excited about doing laundry, but after a couple of weeks doing the European thing I was ecstatic. We have a new high efficiency washer, and we were all surprised that it actually seems to be high efficiency. The thing uses about a teaspoon of water to clean twenty pounds of laundry. I didn’t think it was possible but our first load is done and the laundry is clean. Now we can’t wait for the next electric/water bill so we can see just how much money we’re saving. If it’s not a bunch we’re going to be pissed. We stank for a month so we could reduce our expenses a lot more than our carbon footprint. F**k Mother Earth. She’s going to be here a lot longer than I am, and she tried to kill me yesterday with some kind of leviathan. I’m not cut out for being dirty. I could never be a hippie. I’m not a germ-a-phobe, but I do not like being greasy. I’ve quit exercising because I couldn’t do laundry. I didn’t want to the whole house to smell like a gym. Now all of that is over. I can make up with Gaea and get back to writing posts about trying to commit suicide by heatstroke.

2 comments:

MJ said...

We had that chocolate cake on the 4th. It was yummy. I'm glad you have some perks to your job.

Re: lack of exercise
It's funny how a change it the routine filters out to other areas. What reason do I have for not exercising?

EJG said...

I'm just getting over my cold. I can finally taste and smell. AND I WANT A PIECE OF THAT CAKE!!!!!