Saturday, November 21, 2009

I Like Beer

Today started out poorly. I was woken up before the sun came up by a little girl. I made eggs that I didn’t want, and went to the Riverside Arts Market to see some kids play some music. It was the Lavilla band/orchestra/symphony, which ever one means playing violins and cellos. They’re just incredibly talented. The classical stuff they did was fantastic. They tried to mix in some modern soft rock but it didn’t work. I learned that LMJ is going to be a conductor. She was conducting along with the teacher/maestro, using a piece of mulch in lieu of a baton. My day wasn’t made any better by the painting. The house isn’t going to be comfortable until it’s finished. I think painting inside is like making a bed; it’s just a huge waste of time, but others really enjoy the newness and I’m not being asked to do anything so I don’t have a whole bunch to complain about. On the plus side for the day, the Seminoles won. Now they’re bowl eligible, extending the longest consecutive bowl appearance streak in college football. I used to make fun of teams that got excited about becoming bowl eligible in November. FSU used to become bowl eligible in mid October. I’m happy for Bobby Bowden. At least something didn’t completely suck this year for him. Now he can look forward to going to the Nova Scotia Bowl or the Rush Limbaugh Bowl after he’s sodomized for the fifth year in a row by Florida. If the Gators don’t hang 60 on the Noles there needs to be a point shaving investigation. The day ended on a good note. We went to Moon River Pizza. They messed up our order but made it right with free beer. Free beer is the purest form of win in the known universe. I was grumpy all day. I hope I feel better tomorrow.

1 comment:

MJ said...

It was just one of those days.