Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Not A Good Day As A Dad

I don’t know why but the fall back has messed up my internal clock just as bad as the spring forward does. I haven’t been able to sleep late and it’s made the days super long. I’m getting out the door early but I’m hitting the wall at about one in the afternoon. I’m writing this at about 6pm but it feels like it should be 8. I’m definitely blaming the time change for the crappy day I had. I got some work done before I hit the wall and came home. LMJ was nice enough to wake up at the same time. We read and played, and then we had some apple sauce, and then she bounced her face off the table. Awww, baby’s first shiner. She’s a little kid so five minutes later she was fine. I’m going to need therapy for post traumatic stress disorder. I don’t deal well with her getting banged up. At all. I’ve been in a funk ever since. All I can think about is her little black eye. It’s not even black yet. It’s still pink, but the only thing in my mind is her falling and me not being able to anything about it. Gravity is a harsh mistress. We did whatever the hell she wanted to do for the rest of the afternoon. We went to Target and spent a half an hour playing in the toy department. She still hasn’t put together that we can pull stuff off the shelf, buy it, and take it home. I don’t know how Target feels about our “browsing” and I don’t really care. I’m also glad no one called HRS because of the mouse under her eye. She was getting a little bit drowsy on the way home. My first thought was that she had a concussion and was slipping into a coma. The fact that she had very short nap didn’t enter my mind. I spent the ride home screaming questions at her. We got home and Grammy was fixing dinner. LMJ wanted some applesauce because according to her clock it was six instead of five. She finished her applesauce and as she was getting out of her chair she bounced her face off the table again. It’s been nice knowing all of you, but I’m going to go hang myself.

4 comments:

tainij said...

Being a parent can quickly cure one of any delusions of omnipotence.

MJ said...

I'm glad you've made it through to another day. Hopefully we fixed the chair defect that made you fel like a bad dad. There's no cure for that feeling I've learned in my short time being a parent (with you).

JSG said...

"the only thing in my mind is her falling and me not being able to anything about it. " Wait till she falls because some boy didn't fall for her. Can I borrow the noose?

c g said...

To quote LMJ, "It's ok".