Saturday, November 7, 2009

Traditions

Before I start this post I want to let everyone know that I’m taking requests. If you’re interested in something let me know and I’ll drop it in. With any luck an ad will pop up and offer a coupon for whatever it is any of you want. I may just start a whole new page for pimping ads.

We went to Panera for breakfast this morning, which we hadn’t done in a while. We went hog wild and got almost everything on the menu. I had forgotten how much fun we have when we go and sit down. It’s a nice family outing and it feels like fall. We started doing this at least a year ago. If I had written about it I would remember exactly, but it looks like I didn’t. (I swear I did but the search function on blogger sucks). It was one of the first things that really made me realize that we’re a family. It was a pretty good feeling. As I think back on it, LMJ has grown so much since the Saturday trip was added to the routine. I don’t know if she could walk yet, and if she could she couldn’t walk very well. I remember having to pack a whole bunch of stuff to keep her entertained so we could have fifteen minutes to cram our breakfasts into our mouths. Now she’s not only part of the conversation, generally, she’s leading it. The Panera trip had been reduced to a truck stop on the way to the beach. I hope with December and the end of summer approaching we can start the tradition again.

We went out to ME’s condo at the beach today and watched the air show. I think this is another tradition in the making. Her place is on the tenth floor so a lot of the stunts the Blue Angels were doing were at eye level. LMJ didn’t enjoy the show this year as much as she did last year. This year she found a box of toys much more interesting. This year she barely noticed the jets, other than to comment that they were loud, which if you’ve never seen fighter planes do their thing, is about as deadpan an understatement as can be made. They rattled the windows more than once. MJ tried to get LMJ into the show, if only for the photo op, but LMJ couldn’t have been bothered. She had a condo to explore. It always amazes me how unafraid of loud noises she is. I’d worry that she was deaf if it wasn’t for her world class eavesdropping displays.

It was a very nice day looking back on it. I’m a little bit disappointed because I didn’t get a good night’s sleep last night so I didn’t enjoy it as much as I could have.

Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse. Nike. Apple Computers. Petite St. Vincent. Disneyworld. Butterball Turkey. Springer Mountain Farms

2 comments:

Beth said...

"with December and the end of summer approaching"

That cracks me up. Usually, I don't miss Florida. :-)

JSG said...

Hmm. Blogging Moms. Pimp your profile. No Ruth's Chris Steak. But it was good running into you guys at McDonalds!