Thursday, November 5, 2009

She Bop

I’m going to monetize this thing, throw some ads up and see if I can get paid. I’m more than a little nervous about it. I think when I do; it will make things different. This is my little creative outlet, my little way to stay sane a little bit longer. When I start making money from it, however much that is, I’m going to want to make more money, which means opening this up to a wider audience. Will my style change? Will I censor myself more? Will I back off my honesty? Or will I have the courage to say “F**k it!” and do my thing letting the chips fall where they may. I’ve written stuff on here that would hurt some people’s feelings because they don’t know they suck, and they’re Facebook friends. One of them I would probably apologize to if he told me he was upset. The other one I probably wouldn’t, and if she pushed it I would get nasty. That’s part of my problem; I don’t do middle ground. I’m either Barney or I’m Slayer. There’s nothing in between. That’s not right. Actually there is a third area that covers 99% of everything in the world: complete indifference. I really don’t care about very much stuff, especially if I don’t have any control over it, but the one percent that’s left is the stuff that I write about. I don’t mean the day-to-day LMJ is cute and I love her stuff or my exercise stuff. I mean when I have an opinion and write about it. I’m worried because there are maybe five people – two not related by blood – that I’ve encountered in my life that think remotely like I do. Jason Whitlock is the only one that writes. He’s an extremely successful writer, but he’s also extremely controversial. He garners a bunch of attention from his columns, but almost all of it is from stupid people. Do I have the courage to deal with that? Oh well, fortune favors the bold. F**k it!

3 comments:

JSG said...

F**in' awesome!

MJ said...

I didn't even notice the ads at first but I'll happily click one here or there if they earn you some money for one of your greatest talents. We'll see. Hopefully, this won't turn out like the water heater. :)

tainij said...

I wondered about the ads--fencing?