Sunday, February 21, 2010

Computers

I was going to write about how much I enjoyed the weather today, but then I started to deal with MJ’s machine, and now I’m trying to look at Macs. They’re not that expensive but if I got one, which I don’t really need, MJ would want to get one, and then it would get expensive real fast. It wouldn’t solve anything either. My work PC isn’t mine. I lease it from Lincoln and I don’t have a choice about using it. There’s nothing wrong the machine itself. The problem is the stupid configuration. I like the computer. It’s the best PC I’ve ever had. It’s beyond tricked out. It has a 2.4 GHz processor and 4 GB of RAM. I can do everything at once. Having to use MJ’s is all kinds of frustrating. The processor is slower, she has half the RAM, and she’s running the ridiculous resource hog, Vista. I don’t really want a Mac. I’m not an artist, so the only advantage it has for me is that I won’t have to deal with viruses. I don’t know if that’s worth $1500 or $3000 since we’d have to get two – or three if Grammy decides she wants one. The worst case scenario is that I’m without a computer for a week, and I’m getting used to not being “plugged in” all the time. MJ and Grammy even joked about me having to be more engaged because my computer was broken and there was nothing else for me to do. Just like my Facebook break a while back, I’m finding that I’m not missing it. It might be because I’ve only been without it over the weekend and all my favorite gossip sites take the weekends off. I’m going to miss what Lindsay Lohan and Jessica Simpson are doing tomorrow, and I’ll see how I deal with it. If I’m bragging about my brand new Mac Book in tomorrow’s post you’ll know I didn’t handle it very well.

No comments: