Thursday, February 25, 2010

Rambling Nonsense

I did a double session of swimming this morning. I didn’t want to run so my legs would get some rest for Saturday. I don’t know if it was a good idea or not. I swam a half mile and it was pretty hard. Considering that when I started last spring I could only swim about fifty yards, I think I’m doing very well. It’s important for me to remember where I started because I planned on swimming 1000 yards and couldn’t do it. I got to 900 yards and had to quit. There was just no way I could finish the last two laps. If I was running I would have been able to walk the rest of the distance, but the pool drops to twelve feet and I can’t breathe under water. I completely overestimated my swimming endurance, but it’s good to know now that I’m not ready for an Olympic distance triathlon. I’m more than ready for my little sprint coming up in July. I have to start working on my bike riding now, which is my least favorite part of the triathlon. It’s boring and dangerous. I’ll get into that after the Gate.

I learned something today: killer whales are dangerous. I had always assumed the name was ironic, like calling a bald guy curly or a short guy stretch. It seems that a killer whale at Sea World killed another trainer. Wait. What? Another? How did it kill another trainer? Why wasn’t this thing put down or let go or at least left alone after it ate its first trainer? This thing isn’t a rambunctious puppy. It’s a 20 thousand pound killing machine. There is literally nothing in the ocean that these things don’t kill. They sometimes hunt sharks. There’s a type killer whale that kills seals for the lulz, seriously. I’m willing to believe that Sea World was able to trick find a second trainer, but what kind of dumbass works with an apex predator that has already killed her two predecessors?

1 comment:

Christina said...

Drowning is BAD! Please don't do that.

I bet one of the whales teeth is the size of LMJ. I don't know who would think training them is a good idea.