Monday, February 8, 2010

Wasted Days.

Today was not a good day. Today was one of those hurry up and wait days. I rushed to work and got a whole bunch of stuff ready only to find out a company I’m doing business with dropped the ball. I guess it’s the economy and nothing is efficient. I had to call a client and cancel a meeting. There are simple ways to get done what everyone wants to get done, but some people are cheap, some people are incompetent, and I just keep a big bottle of rum in my desk drawer (old school). I skipped my pool time this morning because of this crap. Don’t people know I’d rather be in the pool or at the gym than in my office waiting? Days like this make me regret not getting cable in my office. If I’m going to waste a day I want to waste a day. I’m sure there was some type of Law & Order or CSI marathon being shown on TNT or Spike or both. I don’t know whose idea it was to get cable in the office, but I’m pretty sure it’s not working out the way they intended. We have a huge conference room overlooking the Landing and the River with a big screen TV hanging on the wall. It’s used for video conference calls and garbage like that, but when it’s not being used to show insurance salesman talking about better ways to sell insurance it’s supposed to be on CNBC. Nobody likes CNBC, so depending on who's using the room; it winds up on HGTV or the Food Channel. We get blasted an email about once a quarter telling us not to do it, professionalism blah blah (ctrl-A, delete), but since no one really has any authority over anyone else in the office it’s ignored. I really hate wasting time in my office. The day picked up, however, when I got home and saw the baby girl. She was in a great mood, and whenever she’s in a great mood my mood improves.

EJG and JSG: what running club do you guys belong to?

1 comment:

MJ said...

I have cable in my classroom but I never turn it on. It feels weird. Who wants to sit and watch TV at school? I'd rather go home. And if I were stuck at school, there's too much else to do. I used to turn it on sometimes while I cleaned but now I use my Ipod. :) I'm glad the baby girl cheered you up. She was in a great mood yesterday.