Saturday, February 13, 2010

I'm Into The Winter Olympics


NBC’s utter incompetence was brought to the forefront with their mishandling of the late night situation, but they’re also the butt of a bunch of jokes about the Winter Olympics and they’ve just started. Since ESPN is owned by ABC and Fox Sports is obviously owned by Fox, it’s no holds barred when it comes to making fun of how much money NBC is losing showing the Winter Olympics. Is NBC trying to do a bad job? The reason I ask is because I watched Lindsey Vonn utterly destroy the downhill course, winning by a more than second and a half, on some off brand channel in the pit of my cable package in 480i. They skiers finish the race going faster than 70mph. A second and a half is a large margin. When a commercial came on I flipped over to the mother ship only to hear Bob Costas pontificating about something other than Lindsey Vonn ruining the rest of the world’s s*it. I don’t know if it’s clear that I’m on board the Lindsey Vonn bandwagon, but I’m driving that summbitch. I understand that NBC feels the need to have Costas do something since they’re paying him some ridiculous amount of money to show up once every two years, but Lindsey Vonn is the best in the world at a real sport. Feel free to mix in a highlight or two in HD. Short track speed skating isn’t a real sport. Apollo Ono is going to get clowned by the Korean dude who would have won four years ago but fell down. I don’t need to hear about Ono winning Dancing With The Stars until he’s standing on the top step of the medal podium. This isn’t only about more screen time for Lindsey Vonn; it’s about showing the actual sports and not Costas, Tom Brokaw, and Al Michaels.

2 comments:

EJG said...

Well put! Show us the games, NBC, and shut up!

MJ said...

I agree!