Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I'm Running Well But MJ Has Some Kind Of Disease

I did a pre-race today even though I set out to only stretch my legs. I looked at my watch when I heard the mile beep, liked what I saw, and decided to push it. I ran a lot faster than I thought I was able to. I kept waiting to get winded. I ran mile two at a fast pace just to do it. I ran mile three even faster. I thought I would run into trouble on the way back because it’s up hill, but I didn’t. Mile four was faster than mile three, and after that there was no way I was slowing down for the last mile. I’m getting excited about the Ortega River Run. I think I can put up a good number. My goal was to beat last year’s time, but I think I’ve got a shot at a personal best. I set my record the first time I ran the race. I was in much better shape than I am now, but I was messing around. I just wanted to finish my first race. If I can deal with the bridge in mile three I can beat my time. That is if Typhoid MJ doesn’t infect me. I still think she’s suffering a bad case of hay fever, but she swears she has malaria. I feel great right now, but if she’s right, and I can’t run well, I’m going to be very put out. However, it would be better to get sick now than two weeks from now. As much as I love the Ortega – it’s by far my favorite race – the Gate is the reason for the season. The best scenario is that everybody’s healthy and happy for the next month, I run well in both races, and then it will be spring and time to start going to the beach.

No comments: