Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Jacked To The Max

We were watching Biggest Loser tonight during dinner while we gorged ourselves on chicken and dumplings. Grammy and MJ watch the show for the positivity of people changing their lives. I don’t watch it, but when I do it’s to see Jillian Michaels melt down. She’s never actually crossed the meltdown threshold on the show, but the potential is there. She’s like Mt. St. Helens: it’s going to blow, everyone knows it, we just don’t know when. Jillian is amped up all the time. I don’t know how far her cheerleading career went but it didn’t go as far as she wanted it to go. I think she takes the contestants’ weight loss more seriously than they do, which I guess is her job, but the gay guy other trainer on the show doesn’t seem like he’s about to snap. I don’t want to give the wrong impression. I like her on the show, and she seems genuine, but she may want to back away from the bitter orange and ephedra jell-o shots a little bit. There is was a woman on the show this year who was “playing the game” more than she was trying to lose as much weight as she possibly could and Jillian was not having that. According to MJ, Jillian called the chick a liar to her face. That’s what sparked my interest, mild as it may be, in this season of the show – well, that and Alison Sweeney’s post-baby boobs. If this show was on cable it would be must see TV for me because, dollars to donuts, Jillian’s got a mouth like a sailor. The chick she had a problem got kicked off the show for losing the least weight during the week. She actually gained a pound and started crying because she didn’t know how that could have happened. Jillian couldn’t even look at her. Her disgust was visceral. Don’t come on her show not motivated and playing games.

1 comment:

MJ said...

No comment on my embarrassing reality TV watching. I'm desperate. At least I've never watched Jersey Shore.