Sunday, February 7, 2010

Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler

Thanks LMJ! Oh well, now you get to go to community college – if you’re lucky. MJ asked LMJ who she was rooting for in the Superbowl, and LMJ said the Colts. Isn’t that cute? I thought so and I bet her college money on the Colts. Then I doubled down when they went up by ten points in the first half with money I don’t have. The Colts went on to blow the ten point lead and wound up losing by fourteen. Live and learn. Unfortunately, if we’re going to live, we’re going to have to learn how to live on the road like gypsies. I’m probably not going to be blogging anymore since I’m going to be on the lam. However, I will check the comments section for advice. How do I (we) get new identities? Should we start with new social security numbers, or should we start with new driver’s licenses first? I blame Peyton Manning – and my daughter – for this predicament. I guess I should take some of the responsibility for using a two year old as a gambling tout, but Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel made it seem like two year olds were as good as the professionals. I forgot that Manning’s natural state is that of a choking dog. He choked at Tennessee. He choked in his first three trips to the playoffs. Even after he led the Colts to the Superbowl three years ago, the only reason the Colts won is because Rex Grossman was so horribly incompetent. The Colts didn’t win that game as much as the Bears lost it. Then he went on to choke at home in the playoffs the following two years. I got caught up in the hype of his infallibility and ignored the “Team of Destiny” vibe the Saints were giving off (read: the NFL scripted it this way). Congratulations New Orleans. I imagine they’re will be some property destroyed on Bourbon Street tonight – not to mention some brain cells. One last question: what’s a good name for a beautiful little mulatto biracial girl who obviously doesn’t know squat about football?

2 comments:

tainij said...

Anyone who gambles on football, let alone gets tips from a two year old girl deserves what happens.

Christina said...

Quaneisha is a good name. I know people who could get you new identities and stuff. The first step is changing LMJ to Quaneisha Luwanda Smith.