Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Presidents Day

Today was made of pure unadulterated win. I woke up at 5am, forgetting that today was a holiday, and while I would have enjoyed the extra sleep, I was able to get out of the house by 7:30. I had a great swim and a great run, and I was done by 10am. Today was one of the rare holidays that MJ has off and stuff was open, so I took her to lunch at Chew. It’s our favorite lunch spot in the city, but due to the temporal effects of having a baby, we hadn’t been in more than two years. The last time we went we were carting LMJ around in her car seat. MJ had some kind of spinach and bacon salad. I had the Reuben and French fries. It may have had to due with the fact that I hadn’t eaten after working out, but the sandwich was the best thing I’d ever put in mouth. If MJ hadn’t been there I would have ordered another one. Before lunch we stopped at 1st Place Sports and I bought my new shoes. They’re blue and they’re awesome. I’m going to start writing down the mileage I put on my shoes. I never know how worn out my running shoes get until I buy some new ones and get shocked by how much support I’m missing. I don’t think that can be good for my feet or knees. Finally, I read a story that made me laugh about Floyd Landis. Who is Floyd Landis? He’s not Lance Armstrong. He won the Tour du France a couple of years ago, failed a drug test, and was stripped of the title. His defense was that the tests were mishandled and the testing system could be hacked, so years later, a French court has issued an arrest warrant for him. They’re accusing him of hacking the testing system. I thought this was funny because doesn’t the accusation prove his point? I also thought it was funny because they’ve harbored Roman Polanski – child rapist – for thirty years but now are moving to try to have Floyd Landis – cheating bike rider – extradited, I assume in the name of justice. There’s your example of irony, English teachers.

No comments: